During a recent grocery shopping trip, I suddenly received inspiration to make a vegan, soy free version of pulled pork using jackfruit.
Everyone knows that no bbq pulled pork sandwich is complete without a tasty, refreshing coleslaw piled high on top.
Enjoy this Classic Vegan Coleslaw as a healthy side at a summer bbq or picnic, or pile it on top of my BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sliders!
I recently got my hands on an amazing kitchen tool that has made food prep so much easier! My new Veggie Bullet has already inspired so many new recipes because it reduces the stress on my wrists caused by constant chopping. I highly recommend it!
Create this yummy plant-based recipe and tag me in your photos on social!
Classic Vegan Coleslaw
- Veggie Bullet or Handheld Grater
- 4 Cups Red Cabbage Shredded
- 4 Cups Green Cabbage Shredded
- 2 Cups Carrots Shredded
- 1 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- ¾ Cup Vegan Mayo
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Lemon
- ½ Tsp Celery Seed *
- 1 Tsp Honey Small drizzle
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt
- Shred the cabbage and carrots with a vegetable shredding appliance such as the Veggie Bullet or alternatively with a handheld grater. Combine them in a large bowl with cilantro and mix evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients for the coleslaw dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and mix everything together.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the coleslaw for at least 30 min prior to serving.