Cauliflower truly is one of the best vegetables that everyone should always have stocked in their refrigerator.
Yeah it has lots of amazing health benefits, but it also is so versatile.
Depending on the way it’s cooked, cauliflower can be transformed into a healthy mash or an exciting party food dish like cauliflower wings.
The best part about this recipe is that you can switch up the hot sauce for any sauce or seasonal blend and make a variety of wings!
I personally love hot wings served with a cool ranch dipping sauce.
Feel free to blend up your own with some silken tofu or vegan mayo, fresh garlic, lemon juice, capers, fresh dill, and salt & pepper.
This recipe calls for a double baking of the cauliflower florets. The first round makes them soft and crispy while the second round helps them absorb the hot sauce.
Try this yummy, plant-based recipe and tag me in your photos on social!
Baked Cauliflower Hot Wings
- ½ Cauliflower Head
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp garlic Pwder
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- ½-1 Cup Hot Sauce
- Preheat over to 350°F. Line a baking pan with non-stick baking paper.*
- Wash and cut half a head of cauliflower into bite sized florets. Ideally, florets should all be approximately the same size.
- Combine flour and spices into a large mixing bowl. Slowly stir in non-dairy milk until a thick, batter forms. It should be a little runny, yet thick enough to adhere to a cauliflower floret.
- Dip each floret, one at a time, into the batter then transfer it to the baking pan. Repeat with each floret, making sure to not crowd the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 min, until the batter hardens into a crust.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the butter and hot sauce. Stir until the mix is blended together.
- Coat each cauliflower floret with the hot sauce (either toss in a large bowl or dip individually. Return to the oven and baked for another 10 min.
- Serve immediately while fresh out of the oven!**