Have it as a breakfast cereal, a dry snack, or as a crunchy topper on your favorite smoothies, açaí bowls, or yogurt parfaits.
This recipe incorporates oats, dried fruits, and cinnamon spice to create a classic granola that is inexpensive to make and can be enjoyed in so many ways!
Buckwheat kernels (or buckinis in Australia) are a healthy addition to this easy granola recipe.
Buckwheat is a pseudo grain, meaning it’s not really apart of the grain family but has similar nutritional properties and texture.
It can be cooked like quinoa, ground into a flour, or toasted in the oven to add a boost of fiber and plant protein to Apple Cinnamon Granola!
This recipe also features Nuzest Clean Lean Protein in the Smooth Vanilla flavor.
The easily-digested pea protein blend adds essential amino acids as well as a yummy vanilla flair to this recipe.
I’m not sure what’s more to love more about this recipe: the awesome taste and crunch when added on top of smoothies and yogurts, or the SMELL when it’s baking.
Talk about heaven on Earth!
Try this yummy plant-based recipe and share on social!
Apple Cinnamon Granola
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup Buckinis
- ½ Cup Dried, Pitted Dates Chopped
- 2 Scoops Nuzest Vanilla Plant-Based Protein
- ½ Cup Raw Walnut Pieces
- 1 Cup Dried Apple Chunks
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Oil Melted
- ⅓ Cup Raw Agave Nectar (sub honey or maple syrup)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C (just under 350°F).
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, buckinis, protein powder, dried fruit, walnuts. Sprinkle with a generous amount of ground cinnamon spice and a grind of sea salt.
- Pour the coconut oil and sweetener syrup into the dry ingredients. Mix well. To create a granola with more chunks, add additional sweetener.
- Spread the mix onto a non-stick baking pan (use baking paper if you have it available) in an even layer.
- Toast granola in the oven for 30-40 min, stirring the mix around ever 10 minutes to ensure thorough baking.
- Serve as a breakfast cereal, as a dry snack, or as a topper on smoothie, acai, and yogurt bowls!