Roasted potatoes are such a versatile dish. They can be enjoyed in a frittata for breakfast, toss in a warm veggie salad for lunch, or served alongside your favorite protein for dinner. This recipe for Crispy Rosemary Potato Wedges will help you create perfect roasted potatoes that are crunchy on the outside and delectably soft on the inside.
I love slicing diagonal wedges to create lots of surface area for a crispy shell. Be sure to follow the slicing, steaming, and roasting techniques in the instructions for a perfectly crisp potato!
Tried this recipe? Post a photo and tag me on social!
Crispy Rosemary Potato Wedges
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Dried or Fresh Rosemary
- Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a non-stick baking pan on the lowest rack of the oven and leave it there until you are ready to roast the potatoes.
- Wash potatoes and cut into diagonal wedges (see how-to images in post).
- Add potatoes into a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook the potatoes for 8 minutes then drain them into a strainer or colander.
- Rest the strainer or colander on top of the warm pot and allow the potatoes to release steam for a few minutes minutes.
- Pour the potatoes into a large bowl and add just enough olive oil to coat them then sprinkle with sea salt. Add potatoes directly into the hot baking dish in the oven, spacing them out evenly. Bake potato wedges for 25 min without disturbing them.
- Add 1 tbsp of vegan butter and the rosemary to the potatoes, toss them around the pan to coat, and return the pan to the oven to bake for another 10 min.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and toss them on a cloth or paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve hot, either as a veggie side dish, in a salad, or dipped in your favorite condiments.